Saturday, January 1, 2011

Connect to 2011

I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to signing and dating paperwork with 2010 and then realizing that it now 2011.  I guess the 1st purchase for 2011 will be whiteout, or erasable pens.  Are you prepared for the slew of newness?

The new cars...

New Music! 

THE GLOBAL  MOVEMENT.



TV shows! New movies! New Friends, new clients, new enemies, new revelations, new......YOU?!

You see with all the not-so-brand-spanking new things being pushed in your face as we speak, what about yourself?  I an not just talking about losing weight (which was a 40 billion dollar industry in 2005).  Which brings me to my point, weight loss is such a big business because we have issues with changing ourselves.  Two years ago I went on a diet and lost quite a bit of weight, over the last year I have been fluctuating up and down.  This is bad, but also good, because it shows that I have grasped a decision I made to not just diet, but change completely.  In 2011 I will continue to change.

If you made a resolution this year I want to encourage you to not focus on doing new things, but being a NEW PERSON.  Because we become before we do.

In 2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 17 it states: Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

WE BECOME 1ST, THEN WE DO AWAY WITH THE OLD AND ACHIEVE THE NEW.

Props to Duke Univeristy Organizers for the 1st photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment