Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Current Events as I go into 2011

The flesh is a monster of evil intentions and I understand that it could and often has easily carried me away in lust.  I am seeking to walk in the strength God has afforded us, and have grown in this area much, but still there is work to be done.  God's work and I need this vessel a clean as possible for the task.  How often do I look at the lives of those who have passed on IN FAITH and wonder..."what the heck am I doing?"  I am slapped with the fact that I have so much to learn, in proverbs this revelation is noted to the wise.  That is the prayer I've prayed so many times and God has be faithful to help a brotha out despite my shortfalls.

I know there is more to this abundant life and I aim to work it out in faith.  In Hebrews 12 it says "Therefor seeing we also are compassed with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross...." 

So I press on.  I am working on a fiction series and slowly easing back into my poetry to eventually move into spoken word, getting this blog together and getting a business off the ground.  Lots to do!  I hope you will pray for me as I discipline myself for the task ahead and I ask that you too seek the Lord for guidance toward the race that is set before you as well.  I believe there is a lot left of the table for us to do, and we are lacking the faith to do it.  We have forever, but we don't have forever work.

No comments:

Post a Comment