Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DON'T PAUSE FOR THE COMMAS

A wise man said to APPRECIATE & LEARN FROM the past, LIVE in the present like its your only day alive, and PREPARE for the future like your legacy will last for ever.
 
The problem is, when life throws us a comma, we usually treat it like "........................"

I am learning that when I do this, it is not because I am listening to GOD, but it results from me giving the devil the allegiance of my ear, and higher rank in my  WORLDVIEW.

COMMAS COME IN MANY FORMS
When life comes hard, or when we make mistakes, or we achieve a hard fought after goal, or when we fail, or when we are just plain tired and need a break. There should be no pauses.  By that I mean the kind where we are watching a good movie, pause the movie and get distracted for so long, the movie player goes to "sleep."
In the same way, our dreams and vision can go to sleep and we let it sit like a screen saver.

COULD HAVE....                      WHY DIDN'T I....
                 
              I REALLY WANTED TO.......                                                       SHOULD HAVE...

I WONDER....                                                                    WHAT IF I....

Eventually it dies away into "That stuff never works for me..." or "I was crazy to think it would work..." or "I don't think that is what God wanted for me..." 

I say all of this to impress upon you to take a calculated risk.  Look at the goal God is pointing you in, then look at God's ability and as Martin always says...get to steppin.

WALK IN FAITH.

No comments:

Post a Comment